Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Riddle That [Season 3] Level 10

1. This is a hard one... First read about Vigenère cipher and Caesar cipher.
Now that you know the basics tap on "Receive the message". A text file will be generate in sdcard/RiddleThat/message.txt. Open  it with a file explorer like Root Browser or Astro.
You will find an ecrypted message in message.txt, something like this:
  • LYH JRW WKH DQVZHU IURP YLJHQHUH EXW L FDQW XQGHUVWDQG LW. KH VDLG 'WFAVMJTV', NHB URPH.
Note: this code is DIFFERENT on each device, so the answer is not the same.

Ok, now that you know the code, you have to decrypt it, by doing this:
  1. Go here and enter the text in the first box, then click on decrypt. I got this "IVE GOT THE ANSWER FROM VIGENERE BUT I CANT UNDERSTAND IT. HE SAID 'TCXSJGQS', KEY ROME."
  2. Now go here end decrypt the previous text. In my case the code is "TCXSJGQS" and the key is "ROME". The decoded text is the answer.
2. In my case I got this password: "colosseo".

Congratulations! You finished Season 3... Keep an eye out for new seasons...


11 comments:

  1. I go to vigenere, type MSZIQWM (my code) and it decrypts it something like SJDGPSK and i try it and it is wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. For vigenere decryption you also need a key, in my case it was "rome". Read carefully the instructions again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I tried with my code XZMHZOFSIS and my key is also rome. Nothing..so i tried with yours and did not gave colosseo. I think i am missing a step

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it, and it seems the site i recommended in the post doesn't work properly anymore. Try this one http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/vigenere.php

      I decrypted your code and got "GLADIATORE"

      Delete
  4. I am really struggling with this answer. Can someone help me decode mine?
    LYH JRW WKH DQVZHU IURP YLJHQHUH EXW L FDQW XQGHUVWDQG LW. KH VDLG 'PVCLTZP', NHB URPH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LYH JRW WKH DQVZHU IURP YLJHQHUH EXW L FDQW XQGHUVWDQG LW. KH VDLG 'ZZDYYEOH', NHB URPH. Can someone help this Is confusing me

    ReplyDelete
  6. So my code is: Dqwzruw kdeh lfk yrq Yljhqhuhd, dehu lfk yhuvwhkh vlh qlfkw. Kdw jhvdjw 'LFBBFLH', Vfkoxhvvho URPH.

    I understand the technique behind it, yet it still doesn't decode propperly. I tried many different sites and decode-techniques with the Keyword and the Password.

    Anyways, if anyone has a way to decode it for me, i'd be super happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this: ROMULUS

      Your first code is: Antwort habe ich von Vigenerea, aber ich verstehe sie nicht. Hat gesagt 'ICYYCIE', Schluessel ROME

      Decoded with rot23 (updated the link to a new decoder because the old side didn't worked anymore)

      Delete